Within vPlan we offer the option to communicate with our API.
The authentication can be set up via oAuth, or via an API Key.
API keys are fixed keys that grant access to the data in vPlan. We therefore recommend, as with passwords, that you replace an API key on a regular basis. It is also wise to delete unused API keys.
Note: An API key is used by an integration developed by you or a vPlan partner. Make sure that the administrator of the integration with the appropriate knowledge and skills replaces the API key.
The steps to replace an API key are explained below.
1. Inform the administrator / partner that you want to change the API key
2. In vPlan, go to Configuration
3. Go to the Developers section
4. Add a new API Key using the plus icon.
5. Pass the new key to the administrator / partner
6. Wait for the approval of the administrator / partner
7. Then wait 1 or 2 more days
8. Check that the date and time of the ''last used'' column of the old API Key is not updated anymore.
9. Delete the old API Key.
Please note: once deleted, an API key cannot be retrieved.